IT & Programming
Interests and skills in IT
- No single language of superior choice, but currently working with Ruby, Elixir, and Golang. I'm also variably familiar with various other languages, e.g C#, Java, C and Python.
- Both front-end and back-end experience; in terms of front-end, particularly familiar with Vue.js, Vuex and vue-router. See the system administration chapter below for further details.
- Platform of choice is solidly Linux, although Windows is not unfamiliar either. Current desktop system of choice is OpenSUSE, prior to that Fedora
- Administered a home server in various configurations, principally using ESXi, but also experimenting with Proxmox and FreeBSD
- Strong Linux experience, I have maintained various server systems with various distros, in particular Debian and CentOS. Programs installed include, among others, Postgres, Nginx, Spigot and GitLab CE
- Home network is LEDE WRT-based, with VLAN splitted subnetworks for various device tiers. I also have used pfSense for server networking.
- Adjunct teaching work at University of Jyväskylä, for course Ohjelmointi 2 / Programming 2 with Java, spring instance 2018.
Examples of work
Take a look around, particularly on the menu on the left. There are several projects and snippets available for viewing, including this website itself (see Konsensus). You may perhaps also find something of interest in the weblog. This website is not complete though; more content may appear at any time!
You may also be interested in looking around my GitLab account.